48 = Gas Heat Pkg. Rooftop
HC = High Efficiency
E =Medium Gas Heat
D = 2 stage Cooling
08 = 7.5 ton
A = None
2 = Medium Static Option - Belt Drive
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu
5 = 208/230-3-60
0 = Electromechanical Controls. Can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic)
A = None
0 = None
A = None
0 = Standard
The Carrier rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With “no-strip” screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All WeatherMaster® units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow, which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job-site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most of Carrier’s 3-12.5 ton 48HC rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s). Now, you can take refrigeration system pressure readings without affecting the condenser airflow.
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in (51mm) filters standard.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single-stage cooling capacity control on 04 to 07 models, 2-stage cooling capacity control on 08 to 14 models
- SEER up to 15.6, EER up to 13.0
- IEER’s up to 13.0 with single speed indoor fan motor, and up to 14.3 with SAVt (Staged Air Volume) 2-speed/VFD indoor fan motor system
- Exclusive non-corrosive composite condensate pan in accordance with ASHRAE 62 Standard, sloping design; side or center drain
- Gas efficiencies up to 82%
- Induced draft combustion design
- Redundant gas valve, with up to 2 stages of heating
- Pre-painted exterior panels and primer-coated interior panels tested to 500 hours salt spray protection
- TXV refrigerant metering system on each circuit
- Fully insulated cabinet
- Exclusive IGC solid-state control for on-board diagnostics with LED error code designation, burner control logic and energy saving indoor fan motor delay
- Dedicated 3-5 ton “Low NOx” models available that meet California Air Quality Management NOx requirement of 40 nangram/joule or less. Low NOx models include stainless steel heat exchangers
- Cooling operating range up to 125°F (52°C), and down to 35°F (2°C), 0°F (-18°C) on 11 size standard
- Access panels with easy grip handles
- Innovative , easy starting, no--strip screw feature on unit access panels
- Two-inch disposable return air filters
- Tool-less filter access door
- Belt drive evaporator-fan motor and pulley combinations available on all three phase models
- Electric Drive X13 (5 speed/torque) motor on 04 to 06 models
- New terminal board facilitating simple safety circuit troubleshooting and simplified control box arrangement
- Field Convertible airflow (3-12.5 ton). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. 12.5 ton models require a simple supply air duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Provisions for thru-the--bottom power entry capability as standard
- Single point gas and electric connections
- Full perimeter base rail with built-in rigging adapters and fork truck slots
- Scroll compressors with internal line-break overload protection
- 24-volt control circuit protected with resettable circuit breaker
- Permanently lubricated evaporator-fan motor
- Totally enclosed condenser motors with permanently lubricated bearings
- Low Pressure switch and high-pressure switch protection
- Exclusive IGC anti-cycle protection for gas heat operation
- Solid-state electronic direct spark ignition system
- Flame roll-out safety protector
- Liquid line filter drier on each circuit
- Factory-installed Humidi-MiZer® Adaptive Dehumidification System on all sizes, includes MotorMaster I controller.
- Standard Warranty: 10 yr. aluminized heat exchanger, 15 yr. stainless steel heat exchanger, 5 yr. compressor, 1 yr. parts.
- Optional SAV system utilizes a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to automatically adjust the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Available on 2-stage cooling models 08-14 with electromechanical, ComfortLink or RTU Open controls.