50 = Electric Heat Packaged Rooftop
HC = High Efficiency
Q = Heat Pump
A = One Stage Cooling Models
06 - 5 ton
A = None
2 = Medium Static Option - Belt Drive
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu
5 = 208/230-3-60
- = Factory Design Revision
0 = Base Electromechanical Controls. Can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic)
A = None
0 = None
A = None
0 = Standard
Your Carrier Packaged Heat Pump rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With no-strip screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All WeatherMaster units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow; no special kit required on 04-09 models. Supply duct kit required for 12 size only. Convertible airflow design makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Carrier 3 - 10 ton 50HCQ rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s). Now, you can take refrigeration system pressure readings without affecting the condenser airflow.
Easy to use:
The newly designed, master terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it.
Each unit comes with precision sized and tested scroll compressor that is internally protected from over temperature and pressures. Each refrigerant circuit is further protected with a high pressure, loss of charge and freeze protection switch. In addition, a liquid line filter drier and suction line accumulator protects each circuit. Each unit is factory tested prior to shipment to help ensure units operation once properly installed.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- SEER up to 15.8, EER up to 12.8.
- IEER up to 13.0 with single speed indoor fan motor and up to 13.7 with 2-speed/VFD indoor fan motor.
- 3 - 10 ton units fit on existing Carrier rooftop curbs which saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Crankcase heater on all models (except 04 size) provides added protection in all applications.
- Precision-sized refrigerant suction line accumulator provides high reliability by preventing liquid from entering the compressor during low ambient conditions and reverse cycle switch over.
- Filed convertible from vertical to horizontal airflow on all models. No special kits required on 04-09 models. Supply duct kit required for 12 size model only.
- 4-way reversing valve rapidly changes the flow of refrigerant to quickly changeover from cooling to heating and heating to cooling.
- Easy-adjust, belt drive motor available on all sizes. Carrier provides a factory solution for most points in the fan performance table. There’s no need for field-supplied drives or motors.
- 3-5 ton models come standard with a Direct Drive X13, 5 speed/torque motor to provide exact performance in many applications. Belt drive motor optional on all three phase voltage models.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb electrical routing.
- Dependable time/temperature defrost logic provides a defrost cycle, if needed, every 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes and is adjustable.
- Single-point electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Standard coils are copper round tube, aluminum plate fin with optional coil coatings and copper fin design.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access to the blower and blower motor, control box, and compressors.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Exclusive, newly-designed indoor refrigerant header for easier maintenance and replacement.
- Standard mechanical cooling (125°F to 30°F or 52°C to -1°C) .
- 2-in. (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- High capacity refrigerant filter drier and TXV metering device on each circuit.
- High pressure switch, loss of charge switch and freeze protection adds greater unit reliability.
- Optional Staged Air Volume (SAV) system utilizes a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to automatically adjust the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Available on 2-stage cooling models with electromechanical controls or RTU Open.