50 = Electric Heat Packaged Rooftop
- = No heat
TC = WeatherMaker™ Standard Efficiency
D = Two Stage Cooling Models 08-16
12 = 10 tons
A = None
2 = Belt Drive, Medium Static Option
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu
5 = 208/230-3-60
- = Factory Design Revision
0 = Electromechanical Controls can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic)
A = None
0 = None
A = None
0 = Standard
The Carrier rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With no-strip screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All WeatherMaker™ units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Most Carrier 50TC rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s).
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in (51mm) filters standard.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Single-stage cooling capacity control on 04 to 12 models. Two-stage cooling capacity control on 08 to 16 models.
- SEER’s up to 13.0 (up to 13.4 with ECM motor*)
- EER’s up to 11.3 (up to 11.4 with ECM motor*)
- IEER’s up to 12.2 with single speed indoor fan motor.
- IEER’s up to 13.0 with 2-speed/VFD indoor fan motor.
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- 3-12.5 ton units fit on existing Carrier rooftop curbs making the utility connections the same. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow (3-12.5 tons). Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications. 15 ton models requires a simple supply duct cover to field convert from factory vertical to horizontal.
- Easy-adjust, belt-drive motor available. There’s no need for field-supplied drives or motors.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb electrical routing.
- Single-point electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access to the blower and blower motor, control box, and compressors.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Exclusive, newly-design indoor refrigerant header for easier maintenance and replacement.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 40°F or 46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter start kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and MotorMaster to -20°F (-29°C).
- 2-in (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit.
- High and low pressure switches. Added reliability with high pressure switch and low pressure switch.
- Factory-installed Humidi-MiZer® adaptive dehumidification system on all sizes with round tube/plate fin condenser coils, includes MotorMaster I controller.
- NOTE: The last order date for 50TC 04-06 units with Humidi-MiZer is October, 12, 2015. Use KC, HC or LC models after the last order date.
- Optional Staged Air Volume (SAV) system utilizes a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) to automatically adjust the indoor fan motor speed between cooling stages. Available on 2-stage cooling models 08-16 with electromechanical controls or RTU Open.
|Weight||865 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||88.125 Inches (In)|
|Height||49.375 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|UPC or Barcode||N/A|
|EPA Cert Required||No|
|Length||59.5 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor RPM||838-1084|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/4 HP|
|Cooling Rated Capacity Btu/h||120000|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Filter Size||(4)20" x 20" x 2"|
|Sound Level (dBA)||82|