The space-saving HX Series fan coil is only 10" high (11" with enclosure), allowing it to recess in a ceiling. Recessed ceiling fan coils save valuable floor space and eliminate costly "equipment" closets.
The HX series is compatible with most split-system condensing units and heat pumps (heat pumps with electric heat require field added kit.
First Co's customer is ultimately responsible for confirming which fan coil models are compatible with selected outdoor unit(s) and which expansion valves (if any) are required. To determine certified indoor/outdoor matches, go to www.firstco.com or contact the factory.
All HX fan coils include a 240/24V transformer and are completely prewired with 0 to 10 kW of electric heat. A sloped drain pan allows positive drainage of condensate.
For HX fan coils factory installed within an enclosure, add "-C" after the kW in the model number. For instance, ordering model 18HX5-C will include an 18HX5 factory installed in a # 9EHX01 enclosure and your choice of either a solid or louvered panel.
- Drain pan has 3/4" NPT primary and secondary (overflow) fittings
- 240V motor, 24V controls
- Highly efficient copper tube/aluminum fin heating and cooling coils.
- Cooling coil has a piston-type metering device or factory or field installed R410A TXV (non-bleed type). Contact factory for correct match with outdoor unit.
- Insulated and coated galvanized steel drain pan is sloped for proper drainage.
- Attractive off-white return air / access panel with captive screws (panels can be field painted)
- IAQ filter panels
- Fully insulated enclosure with matching ceiling panel (enclosure can be pre-installed). Also allows for ducted return air.
- Heat pump kit - for all HX models with electric heat (#942-1) (field installed)
- Factory or field installed R410 TXV (non-bleed type)
- Condensate overflow switch (# SS3) (Field installed)
|Weight||60 Pound (lb.)|
|Width||10 Inches (in)|
|Height||37.25 Inches (in)|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|UPC or Barcode||N/A|
|EPA Cert Required||No|
|Length||21 Inches (in)|
|Electric Heat Range [kW]||5|
|Liquid Line Size||3/8"|
|Maximum Fuse Size||25,30|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||24,24|
|Nominal Electric Heat (kW)||5|
|Suction Line Size||5/8"|