HUM = Humidifier Product Type
XX = Generic (LFP, STM, SFP) Brand
STM = Steam Model Type
30 = STM Series
STM = 34 (129) Gallons (Liters) Per Day
Controlling indoor humidity is very important. In many cases the air inside a home is drier than a desert. Dry, indoor air is often the culprit for such common problems as itchy or cracked skin, eye irritation, dry nasal passages, and damaged home furnishings. Dry indoor air can also increase the possibility of catching cold and flu viruses and can reduce the efficiency and effectiveness of the heating system.
All of these problems can be alleviated with the help of a Carrier® humidifier. Carrier offers six humidifier models designed to put moisture back into the indoor environment so homeowners can relax in warm, soothing comfort. Depending on the model that best matches the system, a Carrier humidifier can deliver between 12 and 34 gallons (45 and 129 liters) of moisture per day to minimize the problems of excessively dry air. And, because humidified air feels warmer, using lower thermostat settings may be possible for added energy savings.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
The steam humidifier delivers humidity in the form of steam to the conditioned space via the HVAC system duct. Unlike older steam humidifiers using electric heating elements, this device generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into a canister of water. Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam, which is delivered into the air stream through a dispersion tube mounted in the ductwork. Openings in the dispersion tube are fitted with "tubelets" which extend into the center of the tube. The design of the dispersion tube and tubelets distribute steam over a wide area in the duct and direct any condensed moisture back into the steam hose.
- Steam is generated via electrodes in replaceable canister
- Canister can be replaced easily and quickly - no cleaning required
- Capable of operating with either 115 or 208-240 voltage
- Unit can be mounted on wall, duct or indoor unit
- Dispersion technology prevents condensation in duct
- Water filtration not required - suitable for a wide range of water conditions
- Taupe metallic color matched to furnaces and fan coils
- Includes: manual control, 6-ft steam hose, dispersion tube, 10-ft drain tubing, hose clamps, saddle valve
|Weight||23 Pound (lb.)|
|Width||9 Inches (in)|
|Height||21 Inches (in)|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|UPC or Barcode||1PHUMXXSTM3134|
|EPA Cert Required||No|
|Length||7.25 Inches (in)|