= Packaged Rooftop Heat PumpA
= One Stage Cooling Models05
= 4 tonA
= Direct Drive ECMA
= Al/Cu - Al/Cu3
= Factory Design Revision0
= Base Electromechanical Controls. Can be used with W7212 EconoMi$er IV (Non-Fault Detection and Diagnostic)A
Your Carrier Packaged Heat Pump rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With no-strip screw collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.Easy to install:
All WeatherMaker™ units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Carrier 50KCQ rooftops fit on existing Carrier curbs dating back to 1989. Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Carrier accessory controls.Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Carrier provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our “no-strip” screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit’s metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s). Now, you can take refrigeration system pressure readings without affecting the condenser airflow.Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Carrier puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Carrier rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in. (51mm) filters standard.FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- SEER up to 14.3
- EER up to 12.2.
- HSPF’s up to 8.2
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- 3 - 5 ton units fit on existing Carrier rooftop curbs making the utility connections the same. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and trouble-shooting easier.
- Crankcase heater on all models (except 04 size) provides added protection in all applications.
- Precision-sized suction line accumulator provides high reliability by preventing liquid from entering the compressor during low ambient conditions and reverse cycle switch over.
- Field convertible from vertical to horizontal airflow configuration on all models. No special kit required.
- 4-way reversing valve rapidly changes the flow of refrigerant to quickly changeover from cooling to heating and heating to cooling.
- Easy-adjust, belt drive motor available on all sizes. There’s no need for field-supplied drives or motors.
- Standard Direct Drive - ECM indoor motor with optional belt drive system to meet nearly all applications.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb electrical routing.
- Dependable time/temperature defrost logic provides a defrost cycle, if needed, every 30, 60, 90 or 120 minutes and is adjustable.
- Single-point electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won’t rust.
- Standardized controls and control box layout. Standardized components and controls make stocking parts and service easier.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Standard coils are copper round tube, aluminum plate fin with optional coil coatings and copper fin design.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access to the blower and blower motor, control box, and compressors.
- “No-strip” screw system guides screws into the panel and captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Exclusive, newly-designed indoor refrigerant header for easier maintenance and replacement.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 25°F or 46°C to -4°C) on Electro-Mechanical (E/M) and Direct Digital Controller (DDC) (PremierLink™ or RTU Open controller).
- 2-in. (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- High capacity refrigerant filter drier on each circuit.
- High pressure switch, loss of charge switch and freeze protection adds greater unit reliability.