= Performance™ Series Two-Stage 4-Way Multipoise Condensing Gas Furnace6
= +96 AFUEA
= Major Series060
= 60,000 BtuhE
= Energy Efficient Motor17
= 17.5" Width14
= 1400 CFM Airflow
The 59TP6A Multipoise Variable-Speed Condensing Gas Furnace features the two-stage Performancet System. The Comfort Heat® technology two-stage gas valve is at the heart of the comfort provided by this furnace, along with the variable-speed ECM blower motor, and two-speed inducer motor. With an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) up to 96.5%, the Performance™ Series two-stage gas furnace provides exceptional savings when compared to standard gas furnaces. This Performance Gas Furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in eight model sizes. The 59TP6A can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air, or single-pipe applications. All units meet California Air Quality Management District emission requirements. All sizes are design certified in Canada.STANDARD FEATURES
FEATURES AND BENEFITSComfort Heat Technology®
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® Version 4.0 criteria for gas furnaces: 95+AFUE; AMACF electrical rating; 2% or less cabinet airflow leakage.
- Quiet operation. Compare for yourself at HVACpartners.com.
- Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
- Silicon Nitride Perfect Light™ Hot Surface Igniter.
- Ideal Humidity SystemR technology, including SmartEvap™ technology, when paired with appropriate thermostat.
- ComfortFan™ technology allows control of continuous fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
- 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installations, with unique vent elbow and optional through-the-cabinet downflow venting capability.
- Full-featured variable-speed blower motor, two-speed inducer motor, and two-stage gas valve.
- Adjustable blower speed for cooling, continuous fan, and dehumidification.
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
- Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
- Propane convertible (See Accessory list).
- Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
- Fully-insulated casing including blower section.
- Convenient Air Purifier and Humidifier connections.
- Direct-vent/sealed combustion, single-pipe venting or ventilated combustion air.
- Installation flexibility: sidewall or vertical vent.
- Residential installations may be eligible for consumer financing through the Retail Credit Program.
- Certified to leak 2% or less of nominal air conditioning CFM delivered when pressurized to 1-in. water column with all present air inlets, air outlets, and condensate drain port(s) sealed.
- This feature with Adaptive Control is a proprietary function that promotes homeowner comfort through two stages of heating. This Carrier furnace offers a patented algorithm that continually monitors and adjusts furnace operation by looking at both current and past conditions to determine the most effective stage of heating and the amount of time to run each stage, every cycle.SmartEvap™ Technology
- When paired with a compatible thermostat, this dehumidification feature overrides the cooling blower off-delay when there is a call for dehumidification. By deactivating the blower off-delay, SmartEvap technology prevents condensate that remains on the coil after a dehumidification cycle from re-humidifying throughout the home. This results in reduced humidity and a more comfortable indoor environment for the homeowner. Unlike competitive systems, SmartEvap technology only overrides the cooling blower off delay when humidity control is needed. Once humidity is back in control, SmartEvap re-enables the energy-saving cooling blower off-delay.ComfortFant Technology
- Sometimes the constant fan setting on a standard furnace system can actually reduce homeowner comfort by providing too much or too little air! Fan On Plus technology improves comfort all year long by allowing the homeowner to select the continuous fan speed of their choice using a compatible thermostat.HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel system
- This system can provide more control over your monthly energy bills by automatically selecting the most economical method of heating. With HYBRID HEAT, our system automatically switches between the gas furnace and the electric heat pump as outside temperatures change to maintain greater efficiency and comfort than with any traditional single-source heating system. The heat pump also delivers high-efficiency cooling in the summer.Power Heat™ Igniter
- Carrier’s unique SiN igniter is not only physically robust but it is also electrically robust. It is capable of running at line voltage and does not require complex voltage regulators as do other brands. This unique feature further enhances the gas furnace reliability and continues Carrier’s tradition of technology leadership and innovation in providing a reliable and durable product.Full-Featured, Variable Speed Motors
- Our variable-speed ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) optimizes comfort levels in the home year round; features such as passive/active dehumidification, ramping profiles, and quiet operation. They can provide cooling match enhancements to increase the effective SEER of select Carrier air conditioner or heat pump system. This motor does not report back RPM and static pressure to enable static pressure reporting to the UI or zoning system, which is required for zoning, active filter monitoring and system static pressure reporting.Reliable Heat Exchanger Design
- The aluminized steel, clam shell primary heat exchanger was re-engineered to achieve greater efficiency out of a smaller size. The first two passes of the heat exchanger are based on the current 80% product, a design with more than ten years of field-proven performance and success. These innovations, paired with the continuation of a crimped, no-weld seam create an efficient, robust design for this essential component. The condensing heat exchanger, a stainless steel fin and tube design, is positioned in the furnace to extract additional heat. Stainless steel coupling box componentry between heat exchangers has exceptional corrosion resistance in both natural gas and propane applications.Optional Media Filter Cabinet
- Enhanced indoor air quality in the home is made easier with our media filter cabinet When installed as a part of the system, this cabinet allows for easy and convenient addition of a Carrier high efficiency air filter.4-Way Multipoise Design
- One model for all applications - there is no need to stock special downflow or horizontal models when one unit will do it all. The new heat exchanger design allows these units to achieve the certified AFUE in all positions.Direct or Single-pipe Venting, or Optional Ventilated Combustion Air
- This furnace can be installed as a 2-pipe (Direct Vent) furnace, in an optional ventilated combustion air application, or in single-pipe, non-direct vent applications. This provides added flexibility to meet diverse installation needs.Sealed Combustion System
- This furnace brings in combustion air from outside the furnace, which results in especially quiet operation. By sealing the entire combustion vestibule, the entire furnace can be made quieter, not just the burners.Insulated Casing
- Foil-faced insulation in heat exchanger section of the casing minimizes heat loss. The acoustical insulation in the blower compartment reduces air and motor noise for quiet operation.Monoport Burners
- The burners are specially designed and finely tuned for smooth, quiet combustion and economical operation.Bottom Closure
- Factory-installed for side return; easily removable for bottom return. The multi-use bottom closure can also serve for roll-out protection in horizontal applications, and act as the bottom closure for the optional return air base accessory.Certifications
- This furnace is CSA (AGA and CGA) design certified for use with natural and propane gases. The furnace is factory-shipped for use with natural gas. A CSA listed gas conversion kit is required to convert furnace for use with propane gas. The efficiency is AHRI efficiency rating certified. This furnace meets California Air Quality Management District emission requirements.
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov