= Performance™ Series Single-Stage 4-Way Multipoise Condensing Gas Furnace2
= +92 AFUEA
= Major Series060
= 60,000 BtuhE
= Energy Efficient Motor14
= 14.2" Width12
= 1200 CFM Airflow
The 59SP2A Multipoise Performance™ Boost Condensing Gas Furnace features SEER-boosting year-round electrical efficiency when paired with a compatible condensing unit. Energy efficiency is at the heart of this furnace with up to 92.1% AFUE gas efficiency and the electrically-efficient basic ECM blower motor. This gas furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in six model sizes. The 59SP2A can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air, or single-pipe applications. All units meet California Air Quality Management District emission requirements, are design certified in Canada, and are certified for mobile/manufactured home use.STANDARD FEATURES
FEATURES AND BENEFITSSmartEvap™ Technology
- Quiet operation. Compare for yourself at HVACpartners.com.
- All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® regional standards.
- High-efficiency basic ECM multiple-speed blower motor for electrically efficient operation all year long in heating, cooling and continuous fan operation.
- Humidistat™ Control compatible; dehumidification input for better comfort.
- SmartEvap™ technology helps control humidity levels in the home when used with a compatible humidity control system.
- ComfortFan™ technology allows control of continuous fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
- Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
- Silicon Nitride Power Heat™ Hot Surface Igniter.
- 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installation, with unique vent elbow and optional venting through-the-cabinet downflow venting capability.
- Single-speed inducer motor, and single-stage gas valve.
- Self diagnostics with SuperBrite LED.
- Approved for Manufactured Housing/Mobile Home applications with MH accessory kit.
- Adjustable blower speed for heating, cooling and continuous fan.
- Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
- Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
- Propane convertible (see Accessory list).
- Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
- Fully-insulated casing including blower section.
- Convenient Air Purifier and Humidifier connections.
- Direct-vent/sealed combustion, single-pipe venting or ventilated combustion air.
- Installation flexibility: (sidewall or vertical vent).
- Residential installations may be eligible for consumer financing through the Retail Credit Program.
- Certified to leak 2% or less of nominal air conditioning CFM delivered when pressurized to 1-in. water column with all present air inlets, air outlets, and condensate drain port(s) sealed.
- When paired with a compatible thermostat, this dehumidification feature overrides the cooling blower off-delay when there is a call for dehumidification. By deactivating the blower off-delay, SmartEvap technology prevents condensate that remains on the coil after a dehumidification cycle from re-humidifying throughout the home. This results in reduced humidity and a more comfortable indoor environment for the homeowner. Unlike competitive systems, SmartEvap technology only overrides the cooling blower off-delay when humidity control is needed. Once humidity is back in control, SmartEvap re-enables the energy-saving cooling blower off-delay.
The 59SP2A gas furnaces are ENERGY STAR® qualified only in U.S. South: AL, AZ, AR, CA, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, KY, LA, MD, MS, NV, NM, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA.ComfortFan™ Technology
- Sometimes the constant fan setting on a standard furnace system can actually reduce homeowner comfort by providing too much or too little air! Comfort Fan technology improves comfort all year long by allowing the homeowner to select the continuous fan speed of their choice using a compatible thermostat.HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System
- This system can provide more control over your monthly energy bills by automatically selecting the most economical method of heating. With HYBRID HEAT components, our system automatically switches between the gas furnace and the electric heat pump as outside temperatures change to maintain greater efficiency and comfort than with any traditional single-source heating system. The heat pump also delivers high-efficiency cooling in the summer.Power Heat™ Igniter
- Carrier’s unique SiN igniter is not only physically robust but it is also electrically robust. It is capable of running at line voltage and does not require complex voltage regulators as do other brands. This unique feature further enhances the gas furnace reliability and continues Carrier’s tradition of technology leadership and innovation in providing a reliable and durable product.Performance™ ECM Blower Motor
- This basic ECM, or electronically commutated motor, can provide an efficiency enhancement for select Carrier air conditioner or heat pump systems. It uses less electrical power than its PSC counterpart and also has a wider range of speedsReliable Heat Exchanger Design
- The aluminized steel, clam shell primary heat exchanger was re-engineered to achieve greater efficiency out of a smaller size. The first two passes of the heat exchanger are based on the current 80% product, a design with more than ten years of field-proven performance and success. These innovations, paired with the continuation of a crimped, no-weld seam create an efficient, robust design for this essential component. The condensing heat exchanger, a stainless steel fin and tube design, is positioned in the furnace to extract additional heat. Stainless steel coupling box componentry between heat exchangers has exceptional corrosion resistance in both natural gas and propane applications.Media Filter Cabinet
- Enhanced indoor air quality in the home is made easier with our optional media filter cabinet. When installed as a part of the system, this cabinet allows for easy and convenient addition of a Carrier high efficiency air filter.4-Way Multipoise Design
- One model for all applications – there is no need to stock special downflow or horizontal models when one unit will do it all. The new heat exchanger design allows these units to achieve the certified AFUE in all positions.Direct or Single-pipe Venting, or Optional Ventilated Combustion Air
- This furnace can be installed as a 2-pipe (Direct Vent) furnace, in an optional ventilated combustion air application, or in single-pipe, non-direct vent applications. This provides added flexibility to meet diverse installation needs.Sealed Combustion System
- This furnace brings in combustion air from outside the furnace, which results in especially quiet operation. By sealing the entire combustion vestibule, the entire furnace can be made quieter, not just the burners.Insulated Casing
- Foil-faced insulation in the heat exchanger section of the casing minimizes heat loss. The acoustical insulation in the blower compartment reduces air and motor noise for quiet operation.Monoport Burners
- The burners are specially designed and finely tuned for smooth, quiet combustion and economical operation.Bottom Closure
- Factory-installed for side return; easily removable for bottom return. The multi-use bottom closure can also serve for roll-out protection in horizontal applications, and act as the bottom closure for the optional return air base accessory.Blower Access Panel Switch
- Automatically shuts off 115-v power to furnace whenever blower access panel is opened.Quality Registration
- Our furnaces are engineered and manufactured under an ISO 9001 registered quality system.Certifications
- This furnace is CSA (AGA and CGA) design certified for use with natural and propane gases. The furnace is factory-shipped for use with natural gas. A CSA listed gas conversion kit is required to convert furnace for use with propane gas. The efficiency is AHRI efficiency rating certified. This furnace meets California Air Quality Management District emission requirements.
Warning: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. P65Warnings.ca.gov